Details of our policy in relation to cookies, privacy and data capture through the Cytech website can be found below. If you have any specific queries in relation to this subject please contact us.
Ownership of Information
C 2 Zero Ltd is the sole owner of any information collected through the Cytech website. Other than for the purposes outlined below we will not sell, share or rent the information we collect.
Information we may collect from you
- Information you provide - this includes details supplied at the time of Subscription, Registration or sign-up to Email Newsletters and Bulletins. We will also capture information about you when you use an enquiry form or submit a listing for jobs or retail promotions as well as comment on a news article. If you participate in surveys or competitions we may also gather and retain the information you provide. If you contact us we may also keep a record of this communication for future reference.
How we use the information we gather
- To respond directly to an enquiry by you, or pass your details to the relevant service provider so that they may contact you to provide further information relating to their products or services as requested by you.
- To keep you updated with relevant news and information on products and services which we believe may be of interest to you. This will only be where you have consented to receive such information via email or post.
- To ensure the content of the Cytech website is presented in the most effective way for you and your computer.
- To enable Registered Users and Subscribers to use the "Manage My Details" function on the Cytech website, including updating contact details, view current subscription details and changing login details.
- Subscriber details will be passed to approved Cytech service providers and third parties so that they may contact you regarding relevant products and services. This will only be where you have consented for your details to be supplied to approved Cytech service providers.
- To monitor usage of your Cytech subscription to ensure you gain value from it and enable us to develop new products and services which may add further benefit to your subscription.
- Track usage of Cytech emails to assist us in understanding your interests and preferences and supply relevant information as necessary at the time of that interest.
- Where relevant display details about your business - such as Business Directory Listing or Retailer Promotional Listings which may contain details such as your business name and address, email and web links, products and services available from your business - on other websites owned / operated by C 2 Zero or supply details to websites operated by approved third parties for promotional purposes. You have the right to edit or request removal of such information at any time.
- We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers. We may make use of personal data to enable our advertisers to target specific groups, such as cycle shop owners.
How we store and protect your personal data
- All of the information we hold about you is stored securely online and offline.
- Personal information about you, your business and any transactions between us is stored on our bespoke CRM system at the C 2 Zero office. This is constantly monitored and backed-up.
- Basic details relating to enquiries, news comments and useful website submissions remain stored on the secure database connected to this website, and are downloaded by us for montoring and back-up purposes.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Athough we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Access to your information
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information we hold about you. You also have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise this right at the time of application.
Links to other websites
What are cookies and how do they work?
A cookie is a text file containing information that can be remembered by a web browser between pages. When an individual uses a web browser to access the internet their browser can create cookies which are stored on the userís computer. Cookies are not programs and therefore cannot contain viruses or other malicious software. They are purely a string of text and numbers.
There are two main types of cookies - session cookies and persistent cookies.
Session cookies only last during a single visit. When a user closes their web browser the session cookie information is automatically removed from their computer.
The Cytech website uses session cookies for these purposes:
- Session cookies are set that temporarily store a unique identifier for each visitor to the website. This identifier is a random series of letters and numbers and doesn't contain any personal or identifiable information. It is used to help count the number of visitors to the Cytech website.
- Session cookies are set by the computer systems that run the Cytech website. These cookies are used as part of the process of sending web pages to the user's web browser and are essential - no website using Microsoft technology will work without these cookies. Persistent cookies are stored by the user's web browser even when the web browser has been closed, so that the next time a user goes back to the website that originally set the cookie, the web site can read information back from the cookie.
Persistent cookies have an expiry date which controls when they are automatically deleted. This can be anything from a few minutes to several years. The Cytech website uses persistent cookies for these purposes:
- Google Analytics is a system used by many website to record
information about who visits a website. Google set five different
cookies with expiry dates ranging from 1 day to 2 years. These cookies
are used mainly to differentiate between first time visitors to a
website and repeat visitors. They do not contain any personally
identifiable information. You can find out more about how Google use
- A number of persistent cookies are also set by the computers that
run the Cytech website. These cookies are solely used to record
technical information necessary for our web servers to work properly. No
personally identifiable information in stored in these cookies.
- Your browser generates other information, including which language
the site is displayed in, and your Internet Protocol address ("IP
address"). An IP address is a set of numbers which is assigned to your
computer during a browsing session whenever you log on to the Internet
via your internet service provider or your network (if you access the
Internet from, for example, a computer at work). Your IP address is
automatically logged by our servers and used to collect traffic data
about visitors to our web sites. We do not use your IP address to
identify you personally.
- We only keep cookies for the duration of your visit to our website,
except where you save your login name as referred to above.
5. All cookies used by Cytech are 'first party' cookies. This means
that any cookie set on the Cytech website can only be read back from
the Cytech website. No other website is able to read or access
information from any cookie set by the Cytech website. We do not use
'third party' cookies which would permit this sort of behaviour by other
Controlling or deleting cookies
Depending on which web browser you use it is possible to control how cookies are used, or to delete existing cookies from your computer.