Cytech is the recognised training and accreditation scheme for bicycle mechanics and outdoor pursuits retail staff.
Cytech delivers training and promotion of technical and retail skills to the outdoor trade and enthusiasts throughout the UK.
Cytech is more than simply training. It is now recognised nationally as a benchmark brand, which accredits and promotes the skills of cycle mechanics and retail staff.
- Cytech is owned by the UK Cycle Industry via the ACT (see below)
- The Cytech Technical Skills Programme was developed over 20 years ago
- Cytech has delivered over 6000 technical courses to over 3500 candidates
- Leading UK bicycle distributors put all technical staff through Cytech training
- Over 2000 Cytech qualified staff are currently employed in the UK
Cytech courses encompass the basics of cycle mechanics right through to dealing with the most advanced and high-tech components and parts.
The Association of Cycle Traders, best known as the ACT, is the largest cycling trade organisation in the UK and one of the most progressive trade associations in the outdoor, leisure and sports arenas.
ACT developed Cytech over ten years ago and is today still closely involved in all key aspects of its development, management and promotion.